Get-EventLog shows wrong maximum size of event logs

While working on EventManager script I've noticed that Get-EventLog is not returning proper values for Maximum File Size. When checking Maximum log size directly it was showing 2TB.

But  the test methods I used where showing different values.

The Maximum Log File Size reported by Get-EventLog or WMI method is not reporting correct values


Fortunately there is a way to get proper values. With help of Johan Åkerström who suggested Get-WinEvent I was able to get values I was running for.

The results are much better showing proper 2TB MaximumSizeInBytes

Tags: , , , , , ,

This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work! Please upgrade today!